Accounting Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship could find you working in an accounts department, helping a business or organisation manage their money properly. Running a business involves a lot of financial activities, from expenses and bills to taxes and payroll. Accountants keep track of all these things and more to make sure that businesses – both large and small – manage their money properly. Job roles in accountancy vary. Depending on whether they’re keeping track of one person’s or a global corporation’s finances, there are several things that accountants can do to help their clients’ businesses.. Whatever type of company you want to work for, they will always need the services of an accountant.
- Basic accounting
- Computerised accounting software
- Working effectively in accounting and finance.
- Cash management / costs and revenues
- Professional ethics in accountancy and finance administration.
- Financial statements
- Internal control and accounting systems.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in Accounting
- Need to complete a basic skills assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Level 2: Candidates should have a minimum grade C in both Mathematics and English GCSEs. Students aged 19+ without GCSEs will be required to sit numeracy and literacy tests.
- Level 3: Passed Level 2 Accounting Apprenticeship or complete basic accounting, numeracy and literacy tests or you have an Accounting employment background.
- Level 4: Passed Level 3 accounting qualification.
Assessments are carried out in your workplace. Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
- You can progress on to the Level 4 qualification or similar after completing Level 3.
- Level 2: Accounts assistant / accounts clerk, cashier, credit control clerk / finance assistant, purchase ledger clerk and sales ledger clerk.
- Level 3: Trainee accounting technician and assistant accountant.
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions section on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.