Event Management in Hospitality Level 3 at Isle of Wight College
This course is has been designed for Students that are looking to undertake a career in Event Management or a Management role within the Hospitality industry.
- Year 1 – Pearson BTEC Level 3 90 credit diploma hospitality
- Year 2 – Pearson BTEC Extended diploma in hospitality
Students will all study:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
- Financial Control in Hospitality
Specialist units on the course are:
- Supervisory Skills in the Hospitality Industry
- Food and Drinks Service
- Alcoholic Beverage Service
- The Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
- Food Service Organisation
- European Food
- Contemporary World Food
- e-Business for Hospitality
- Hospitality Business Enterprise
- Marketing for Hospitality
- Personal Selling and Promotional Skills for Hospitality
- Human Resources in Hospitality
- Events Organisation in Hospitality
- Planning and Managing a Hospitality Event
- Personal and Professional Development in Hospitality
- Industry-related Project in Hospitality
The entry requirements for this course is five GCSEs or equivalent, and must include Literacy and Numeracy.
This course can lead to a variety of different career paths within the Hospitality and Event management sector. To include – Events co-ordinator, Hotel or restaurant supervisor, a Level 4 qualification at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.