Film Studies A level at Oaks Park High School
This inspiring new specification aims to encourage students to:
- Enjoy and appreciate film and its cultural value;
- Understand the role film plays in their daily lives and the lives of others;
- Develop a critical understanding of film through film texts, concepts and historical perspectives, by creatively applying practical skills.
- Explore production processes, technologies and contexts.
- A textual analysis of two contemporary English language film texts (40 marks)
- Evidence of planning for a creative artefact, which should be related to the textual analysis (10 marks)
- A creative artefact (30 marks)
- An evaluation of the work produced (20 marks)
- Independent research into a topic within the field of Film Studies (40 marks)
- Evidence of planning for a filmed/non-filmed sequence, which should be related to the candidate's research (10 marks)
- A creative realisation of the planned work (30 marks)
- A critical evaluation of the work produced (20 marks)
GCSE English Language grade C. Plus GCSE Media Studies or Film Studies at grade C studied) plus an interest in Media and Film
- The study of Film Studies or related areas in a range of higher education degree courses;
- Progression to the next level of applied qualifications (e.g. HND);
- Direct entry into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oaks Park High School directly.