Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair NVQ Level 3 at City Training Services
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training within college by day release. You will be able to gain practical experience within the region’s largest purpose-built automotive centre to work towards an Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair through City & Guilds.
Competency Level 3
This involves 6 mandatory units and 1 optional unit, The Learner will be observed and assessed by one of our fully qualified and experienced tutors in your workplace. The Learner will receive full support whilst training and will have a dedicated training co-ordinator who will maintain regular contact and conduct a progress review every 10 weeks.
Knowledge Based Evidence Level3
There are 6 mandatory units and 1 optional unit to complete and learning will take place in our dedicated training centre. This part of the qualification is the underpinning knowledge the Learner will need to do the job effectively, but the Learner will also have fun learning
- Diagnose and rectify engine systems and component faults
- Diagnose and rectify auxiliary equipment electrical faults
- Diagnose and rectify vehicle chassis systems and component faults
- Identify and agree customer vehicle needs
Successful completion of the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Initial assessment
- Online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment)
- Assignments (practical and written)
- Short-answer test questions
- Assessments via observation and the development of a portfolio in a work based environment and will be assessed to the assessment criteria set out by awarding body
On completion of the level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair individuals will have the opportunity to progress on to the Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND) and progress onto a various degrees.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.