Vehicle Accident Repair Body Principles Level 3 Diploma at Bedford College
This Level 3 qualification will provide you with advanced knowledge and skills for vehicle body repair and paint, working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body businesses.
During the course you will study both practical and theory aspects of a wide range of topics, including:
- Removing, replacing and repairing body panels
- Identifying and rectifying body misalignment ( JIG work)
- MIG welding techniques
- Resistance spot welding operations
- Understanding vehicle construction and materials
- Working with plastic materials and components
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Establishing paint defects
- Applying topcoats (Water based) and completing refinishing
- Colour matching. Metallics and Pearls
- Blending / local repairs.
You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage. The course is 50% workshop-based and 50% theory. Maths and English is a mandatory requirement of all learners.
To begin this course you will need a Motor Vehicle Body Repair & Paint IMI Level 2 Diploma with Maths & English GCSE to Grade C. Entry will also be subject to a successful interview.
On successful completion of this course you can pursue employment in the motor industry, or undertake an apprenticeship in a related field.
To take part in this course there will be an additional fee of approximately £24 for required clothing/uniform, and £20 for any trips/visits that take place.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.