Mathematics A Level at Cowes Enterprise College
Mathematics is probably the most useful and versatile A-level subject available. As well as suiting students who really enjoy the subject for itself, it is also an essential support to many science, technology, business and humanities courses.
- Algebra and functions
- Coordinate geometry
- Sequences and series
- Exponentials and logarithms
- Statistical sampling
- Data presentation and interpretation
- Statistical distributions
- Statistical hypothesis testing
- Quantities and units in mechanics
- Newton’s laws
- Normally students choosing A Level mathematics will need to have achieved a grade 6 or better in GCSE mathematics (or a grade B if achieved in on the former specification).
- Students need to be hard-working and resilient.
- Additional hours will be required beyond lessons weekly to practise and work with other students.
Three 2 hour papers:
- Paper 1 - Pure maths only
- Paper 2 - Pure and mechanics
- Paper 3 - Pure and statistics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cowes Enterprise College directly.