Spanish A Level at London Academy
This course explores and develops understanding of the cultural background, heritage and contemporary society of Spanish speaking countries and communities. In addition to classwork, students are required to complete a minimum of five hours’ independent study per week which will include:
- Listening and responding to a variety of authentic spoken sources
- Reading and responding to a variety of written texts from authentic sources
- Demonstrating flexibility when communicating in both speech and writing
- Using appropriate registers in written communication
- Manipulating the foreign language accurately to organise facts and ideas, present explanations, opinions and information in both speech and writing
- Understanding and applying the grammatical system and a range of structures as detailed in the AS specification
- Transferring meaning from Spanish into English and vice versa
Students are expected to have gained at least 5 A*- C grades at GCSE, one of which should be in Spanish although native Spanish speakers who lack this qualification may be enrolled on the course after consultation with the Head of Languages.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact London Academy directly.