Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Preston's College
This intermediate level course provides the perfect starting point for a career or further study in this exciting industry, with the opportunity to study the various public services such as the emergency services, Armed Forces and HM Revenue and Customs in more detail.
Units of study:
– Public service skills
– Career planning for the public services
– Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed public services
– Employment in the uniformed public services
– Adventurous activities and teamwork for the public services
– Land navigation by map and compass
– Expedition skills in public services
You need four GCSEs at grade D or above including English and maths or a Level 1 Diploma in Public Services.
You will be assessed through the completion of a portfolio, vocational assessments and formal assignments.
This course provides a good grounding for further study on an advanced level programme such as the Advanced Diploma in Public Services.
The qualification is relevant to the following careers:
– Armed Forces
– Emergency Services
– Fitness Instructor
– HM Revenue & Customs
– Prison Service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.