Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
This programme is designed for anyone wishing to further their career in the motor industry. This practical qualification equips your staff with a greater level of technical knowledge and ability to deliver higher value work.
Suitable for: Those already employed in the truck (HGV), bus and coach (PCV) industry and who want to enhance their skills and knowledge.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications, including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 3 Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics & ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Diagnose and rectify vehicle engine and component faults
- Diagnose and rectify electrical component faults
- Diagnose and rectify chassis component faults
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Maintain positive working relationships
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Successful completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship provides a level 3 qualification which is the starting point for many specialised vocational training schemes such as MOT testing, manufacturer specific training, diagnostic specialist training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.