A Level Chemistry (Salters) Edexcel - Block B @ The Leigh Academy at LAT16 Leigh
Salters is a context led approach course. Topics studied include: formulae and equations, atomic structure, bonding, energetics, kinetics, equilibria, redox equations, organic chemistry and modern analytical techniques. The course includes practical skills and requires mathematical skills. The AS and A Level qualifications will be taught concurrently, with AS available after the first year. This is a two year A Level course.
• Topic 1: Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
• Topic 2: Bonding and Structure
• Topic 3: Redox I
• Topic 4: Inorganic Chemistry and the Periodic Table
• Topic 5: Formulae, Equations and Amounts of Substance
• Topic 8: Energetics I
• Topic 10: Equilibrium I
• Topic 11: Equilibrium II
• Topic 12: Acid-base Equilibria
• Topic 13: Energetics II
• Topic 14: Redox II
• Topic 15: Transition Metals
• Topic 16: Kinetics II
• Topic 17: Organic Chemistry II
• Topic 18: Organic Chemistry III
• Topic 19: Modern Analytical Techniques II
- 5+ GCSEs A*-C (9-5)
- Grade 5 in Mathematics
- BB in Core and Additional Science
You will be examined by two, one hour forty-five minute, and one, two hour and thirty minute final written examinations although there are practical assessments that must be fulfilled to complete the course and form part of the examinable content.
This course will prepare you for an Undergraduate degree course at University.
Careers could include:
- Essential for Medicine
Ian Booth – DoL Science
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.