Media Studies at The Bramcote College
This subject focuses on how the media affects the way we view the world and how the development of technology has allowed the media industry to become one of the most powerful in the world. You will learn how to understand film, television and print images, how films and TV programmes are structured, how audiences are targeted and the way that different groups are represented in the media.
The course will focus on:
* how we understand the media
* practical production
* how people are represented in the media
* different types of media
On the course you will:
* make your own media texts for instance: films and magazines
* use technology for capturing and manipulating images as well as editing
* analyse television drama
* examine how films are marketed locally and nationally
* use the internet to support your research skills
5 x A*- C grades at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bramcote College directly.