Hospitality and Catering - Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry at Wakefield College
Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry is a qualification that has been designed to help prepare you for employment and a career in the hospitality industry.
This allows learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career in the hospitality sector, covering areas such as food service and cooking.
What you will study
• Introduction to the hospitality industry
• Customer service in the hospitality industry
• Food service
• Basic food preparation and cooking
• Preparing and serving drinks
• Introduction to kitchen equipment
• Health and safety and food safety awareness in catering
• Using kitchen equipment
• Food and beverage service skills
• Plus, a range of other optional units
3 GCSEs at A*- G or 9-1
You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence that can include observations, assignments, practical tests, written tests, oral questions, witness statements and case studies.
Tuition and certification are free if you are aged 16-18. Related additional costs may include materials, equipment, visits, and residentials, which are payable by all students.
Any student registered with an Awarding Body who has been given free entry and subsequently withdraws or is withdrawn by a tutor will incur the certification fee associated with the course. Any re-sit examination will incur a cost.
Different fees apply to international/overseas students and those studying this qualification as a standalone course
For more detailed information on financial support please contact the Financial Support Team on 01924 789304
• City and Guilds L2 Certificate in Gen/Professional Patisserie & Confectionery
• L2 Technical Certificate in Food Preparation & Service
This qualification will allow you to embark on a career within all aspects of the Hospitality Industry including hotels, restaurants, cruise liners and tourism establishments.
If you require further information please contact: The Course Information Team on 01924 789111
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.