A Level French at Barton Court Grammar School
French is a versatile language and combines well with a range of A Level subjects. The study of a language is vital in order to take full advantage of the opportunities in today’s global job market.
1. Social issues and trends
- the changing nature of family
- the 'cyber society'
- the place of voluntary work
- positive features of a diverse society
- life for the marginalised
- how criminals are treated
2. Political and artistic culture
- a culture proud of its heritage
- contemporary francophone music
- cinema; the 7th art
- teenagers, the right to vote and political commitment
- demonstrations, strikes - who holds the power
- politics and immigration
4. Works: Literary texts and films
5. Individual research project
Sixth Form entry requirements, including French at grade 6 or above.
Paper 1: Listening, Reading and Writing (50% of A Level)
Paper 2: Writing (20% of A Level)
Paper 3: Speaking (30% of A Level)
French graduates have a vast array of career opportunities open to them, ranging from work with well-known multinational companies to international organisations or charities. There are exciting opportunities, often involving travel abroad, in finance/banking, sales, manufacturing, community/social services, research/medicine and transport/communication. The study of French at A Level is, without doubt, a most worthwhile investment for the future!
To find out more information about the course, please contact Mr Luret, Director of Modern Foreign Languages, or click on the AQA website: www.aqa.org.uk
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.