Tourism & Aviation Industry - Advanced Introduction Level 3 at Hertford Regional College
The Tourism & Aviation Industry offers a vast range of jobs; this course will give you an insight to a number of these and is designed to provide an Air Cabin qualification together with a Level 3 Extended Certificate in Travel & Tourism. On completion of the course you will be able to demonstrate to a prospective employer that you have the skills to work as a member of Cabin Crew or that you understand the skills required to work in the Travel & Tourism industry. You will receive some training in our JetBlueAir 18-seat air cabin.
- A variety of units including Worldwide Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Worldwide Adventure Travel
- Aircraft Emergency situations & Dealing with passengers on board an aircraft
- Spanish for Air Cabin Crew
- You will need a minimum of 194 GCSE entry points
- A minimum GCSE Grade C or Functional Skill Level 2 in English Language is required or a Level 2 qualification at merit or above in a related subject area.
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- You must be able to swim.
- You will be assessed using various assignment methods and online testing.
- One unit of the qualification requires a water based assessment, therefore applicants will need to be able to swim.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism is subject to meeting the entry criteria set for progression students, which will include a good attendance record.
- Apply for jobs in the Travel & Tourism Industry or Airline Industry.
- As a full time student you will have the chance to take part in enrichment activities. These include various industry related trips and day visits and the opportunity for an overseas study tour.
- You will also study Functional Skills in Maths, depending on you GCSE grades.
What will I need?
- You will have to purchase a uniform, approximate cost of £175 and pay £100, which is non refundable, towards the cost of Industry Related day trips. Some trips will be by train and you will also have to pay your own rail fare.
- You will also have the opportunity to take part in an optional overseas residential trip at an approxiamte cost of £400
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.