Engineering (2850-10) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate at Brooklands College
With an emphasis on practical study in our outstanding manufacturing workshops, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out basic manufacturing processes including, fabrication, sheet metal work, lathe operation and welding. You will also learn some generic engineering skills that can apply to many different types of engineering, including, interpreting engineering drawings and engineering marking out.
If you are interested in taking your first step towards becoming a manufacturing engineer then this is the right course for you.
• Working in Engineering
• Carrying out Basic Turning Techniques
• Working with Sheet Metals
Whilst you are studying the Level 1 City and Guilds Certificate in Engineering you will also study:
• Level 1 City and Guilds Award in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding
• Entry 3 or Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT.
Ideally learners must have achieved GSCE Grades D or E with at least a grade D in Mathematics. Learners must also have a positive school report, a satisfactory interview with one of the Brooklands Engineering team and take an initial assessment.
Level 1 City and Guilds Certificate in Engineering:
• Working in engineering – Online Multiple Choice Exam
• Carrying out Basic Turning Techniques – Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
• Working with Sheet metals - Assignments to assess practical and knowledge tasks
Level 1 City and Guilds Award in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding:
• 5 practical assignments and 1 oral knowledge test
Functional Skills Maths, English and IT
• Assignments and exams for each functional skill
• Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor, compass, eraser, line paper and a ring binder
• Steel or composite toe safety shoes or boots (can be arranged by Brooklands College)
• One piece Brooklands College Engineering Overalls (available on enrolment)
• Safety glasses.
Cost for boots, overalls and safety googles approximately £46.
Materials and trips fee - £130
Students are allocated a certain amount of free printing, after which a small fee will be incurred.
This course provides direct progression onto the Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering – Manufacturing Technology course, full time employment in the engineering manufacturing industry or a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacturing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.