BTEC Diploma in IT (Software Development) at Sir Charles Kao UTC
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in IT (Software Development)is a qualification that is highly flexible and well regarded with industry. In addition to the mandatory units students will focus on optional units that are closely aligned with our specialisms. These may include vendor units that will not only contribute to the BTEC Diploma, but also industry specific qualifications. The CISCO IT Essentials, Comp TIA Networtk+, and CompTIA Security+ qualifications are examples of the additional units that may be studied.
Unit Mandatory units
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Software Design and Development
- Organisational Systems Security
- Computer Networks
- Event Driven Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Procedural Programming
- Database Design
- Maintaining Computer Systems
- Installing and Upgrading Software
- Networked Systems Security
- Cisco Comp TIA+
- Microsoft Masters Qualification
As part of the QCF Framework all units are internally assessed with a sample being externally moderated.
The vendor units will have an external assessed examination to achieve the Pass criteria.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir Charles Kao UTC directly.