Exercise & Fitness Instructing Level 2 NVQ Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
This is an ideal qualification for anyone seeking to work in the Exercise & Fitness industry. It also provides a solid basis for progression to further study within this area. The qualification itself is 242 hours in total and is made up of 7 units in total.
• Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise.
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health.
• Promote Health, Safety & Welfare in Active Leisure & Recreation.
• Work with Clients to help them Adhere to Exercise & Physical Activity.
• Reflect on & Develop own Practice in Providing Exercise & Physical Activity.
• Plan & Prepare Gym-Based Exercise.
• Instruct & Supervise Gym-Based Exercise.
You will be expected to undertake regular home study on this course.
You will need to:
- Display passion and knowledge
- Have a sound understanding of the English Language
- Have 3 GCSEs at a minimum Grade D, including English (lit or language) and preferably Science or Physical Education or relevant sports qualification.
- You must enjoy working with people, show enthusiasm and commitment to the subject as well as being outgoing, motivated and enjoying being with people. You may be accepted without formal qualifications if you have had relevant work experience and successfully complete an initial assessment.
- Students aged 16-18 who have not achieved English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above will be enrolled on a relevant qualification.
This course is continuously assessed using a range of methods including observation in a real working environment by assessors, oral questioning and written underpinning knowledge papers, practical assessment with supporting evidence, and a portfolio of evidence. The assessments are formal and practical assessments are based on your ability to work as a sport and leisure provider.
You will also be expected to purchase College Sports kit to wear whilst taking part in practical sessions. The price of your kit will depend on your age and you will receive more information at your interview.
The course will allow you to work in:
- Local Authority Leisure Centres
- Sport Centres
- Private Health Club
- Cruise Liners
- Sport Clubs
The course will also allow you to progress onto Level 3 courses or equivalent (including Level 3 Personal Training, Level 3 Sports Therapy and Level 3 Sports Massage).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.