Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 2 VRQ Diploma at Bath College
This course is ideal if you work in the food and beverage service industry in a front of house role, or you want to move into that role. This course will help fill in any gaps in your front of house skills, perhaps to advance to a more senior position. You will learn many key restaurant principles and practices, including health and safety, menu knowledge and principles of customer service.
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Principles of customer service in food nad beverage service
- Health and safety in food and beverage service
- Handling payments and maintaining a payment point
- Menu knowledge and design
- Food and beverage service skills
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverages
- VRQ Level 1 Professional Chef Diploma or VRQ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service Level 1, or significant restaurant experience
- Good communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, and a professional customer focussed approach
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English Language and Maths.
Assessment is through coursework and practical tests.
- Gain employment within the catering and hospitality industry
- Progress onto a level 3 programme
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.