Personal Progress Entry Level 1 Diploma at Macclesfield College
Who is the course for?
- Students aged 16 years or above.
- A course for people with a learning difficulty and/or disability who want to gain the experience and confidence to be more independent, and to participate in their community.
- You may be looking for a course to act as a stepping stone to further employment skills training.
- Communications - speaking and listening; developing reading and writing skills including using pictures and symbols.
- ICT - How we use technology to affect our lives, using the internet, email and creative use of the computer.
- Developing number and money skills.
- Being Independent – having your say; keeping safe; being healthy.
- Dealing with problems and getting on with people – identifying common problems and developing realistic strategies to deal with. This element is explored through drama and role play.
- Your rights and responsibilities – How laws affect us, living in a diverse society, understanding the rights we can expect and the responsibilities we have to others and ourselves.
- Are willing to try new things
- Like working with other people
- Want to move towards becoming more independent
- Want to improve your confidence and communication skills
- Prepared to commit to a full time course
You will work at your own pace and will be supported to achieve your best in every area. Study is through practical tasks and real life situations wherever possible.
ICT resources are available in most sessions. Drama, music, arts and crafts are also used to enable all students to share their ideas and experiences whilst developing social skills in group situations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.