Housekeeping Apprenticeship Level 2 at Lincoln College
The Housekeeping qualification is designed for those working in the hospitality, hotel or service industry and whose tasks are essentially of a support nature.
The tasks can be varied and range from work in hotels; bed & breakfast establishments; nursing, residential or care homes or indeed, any residential establishment where a support service is required.
Job roles of an Intermediate Apprentice in Housekeeping
• Domestic assistant
• Room attendant
• Chamber maid
Careers this Apprenticeship could lead to?
• Service manager
• Domestic Team Leader
• Senior Housekeeper
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Clean and service a range of housekeeping areas
Optional Units may include:
• Carry out periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
• Clean windows from the inside
• Collect linen and make beds
• Maintain housekeeping supplies
• Use of different chemicals and equipment
• Clean, maintain and protect floors
Additional components of The Housekeeping Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths & English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• GCSE’s grades A – D (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
• Successful completion of Initial Assessments
• A suitable work placement
The Apprentice will be assessed in the workplace. To ensure that all the competences are met, regular review meetings with take place with your assessor and your employer to effect the successful achievement of the framework
Mode of attendance:
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
• Career progression within their current employment
• Further study or Higher Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lincoln College directly.