IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals Apprenticeship Level 3 at Red Tape Central
Training is ideal for apprentices looking to advance their IT career.
The role may include creating software applications & websites. Installing & troubleshooting PCs. Designing & planning the installation of IT & Telecoms networks. Maintenance & security of databases, networks, including servers, software and security. Testing software applications before they are released.
Ideal for those looking to progress in their career or to learn new ICT skills. It is also appropriate for those looking to enter higher education.
This qualification comprises two mandatory units and a wide range of optional units selected to meet national occupational standards or specific business requirements:
- Creating software applications and websites
- Installing and troubleshooting desktop PCs
- Designing and planning the installation of IT and Telecoms networks
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of organisation's databases
- Maintaining company networks, including servers, software and security
- Testing software applications before they are released
- Data analysis
Final selection of modules made with the agreement of the employer to ensure qualification is tailored to the role.
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
Apprentices embarking on the Level 3 qualification would benefit from having achieved the Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence or having significant previous experience in the sector.
This apprenticeship will involve attending Classroom based learning and assessment will also take place in the workplace and could include:
- Multiple choice examination
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/Assignment
- Task-based controlled assessment.
This apprenticeship can help you to progress in a wide range of ICT roles including:
- Database administrator
- Internet/Web professional
- IT Product developer
- IT Technical sales specialist
- IT Trainer
- Multimedia designer
- Network manager
- Office equipment service technician
- Software developer/Programmer
- Systems analyst
- Telecommunications technician.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.