Drama and Theatre Studies AS/A2 Level at St Philip Howard Catholic High School
Whose kind of course?
Drama and Theatre Studies is an exploration of Theatre in all forms.
• You will study new styles and approaches
• Explore plays that are inspiring
• There will be many opportunities for performance & see live theatre productions
• You will have the opportunity to devise a completely original performance.
Component 1: Drama and Theatre
• Knowledge & understanding of drama and theatre & the study of two play
• Analysis & evaluation of the work of live theatre makers
How it´s assessed: Written exam: 3 hours. 40%
Component 2: Creating Original Drama
• Process of creating devised drama
• Performance of devised drama
How it´s assessed: Working notebook & Devised performance, 30%
Component 3: Making theatre (practical)
B at GCSE recommended (C at GCSE and Non Drama GCSE students considered).
• Practical exploration and interpretation of play extracts & methodology of a prescribed practitioner
• A final assessed performance & reflective report; analysing and evaluating the-atrical interpretation of all three extracts
How it´s assessed : Performance & Reflective report, 30%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philip Howard Catholic High School directly.