Level 1 Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance at ProCo NW Ltd
Learners train in our motor vehicle garage, which is fully-equipped with cars and tools to reflect a working garage.
This motor vehicle course is ideal for learners who wish to undertake a qualification which will support their progress in the motor vehicle industry.
- Health & safety practices in vehicle maintenance and good housekeeping
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Introduction to the motor vehicle maintenance and repair industry
- Spark ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Steering and suspension systems, components and maintenance
- Vehicle braking systems, components and maintenance
- Vehicle wheel and tyre components and maintenance
- Vehicle exhaust system, components and maintenance
- Vehicle electrical foundation skills
- Light vehicle construction
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Inspection, repair, and replacement of standard light vehicle tyres
No entry requirements needed.
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and dependent on attendance.
After completing this course, learners can progress onto a Level 2 Motor Vehicle Study Programme or an apprenticeship.
Potential careers, after completing this course, include:
- Trainee mechanic
- Motor vehicle parts adviser
- Vehicle sales adviser
- Service adviser assistant
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.