Hair and Media Make up Intermediate Diploma at Derby College
This City & Guilds qualification equips you with a broad understanding of the industry as well as the creative skills you need to work in this glamorous but demanding sector. It could lead to a career styling models for photo-shoots or as a make-up artist for film and television.
You will study:
- Working in beauty-related industries
- Following health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Applying make-up
- Providing eyelash and brow treatments
- The art of photographic make-up
- Body art design
- Applying skin tanning techniques
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty industry
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Making and styling a hair addition
- Cutting women's hair
You will attend a formal interview with a member of the hair and beauty team and will undertake a taster activity. There is also an online literacy and numeracy test. You will need GCSEs at grade D in English and Maths or Literacy and Numeracy at Level 1.
You will be assessed through a range of methods including practical observation, written tests, assignments and preparing a portfolio of evidence. Maths and English will be assessed through a controlled assessment or final exam.
A kit and uniform are required. Details will be available from the curriculum team during your interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.