Art and Design (Fashion/Textiles) Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This qualiﬁcation is designed to prepare students for a career in Art and Design focusing on a specific fashion/ textile pathway. You may then progress on to the Diploma in Foundation Studies: Art and Design, onto degree level study, industry placement, apprenticeships or self-employment.
If you have not gained GCSEs in Maths and English, then these can be studied as part of your course.
You will study a range of specialist units such as :
- Fabric manipulation and Woven Textiles
- Embroidered Textiles
- 3D Sculptural Textiles
- Fashion construction studio
- Visual Recording in Art and Design
- Materials Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Ideas and concepts in art and design
- Communication through art and design
- Contextual Influences in Art and Design
- Application, Exploration and Realisation in Art and Design
- Design Principles in Art and Design.
A selection of vocational briefs and visits will be implemented during each unit. Workshops will enable a learner to build a skill vocabulary and the production of a creative practice.
In the first instance, a portfolio of art and design is recommended. GCSE in Art, Textiles or Design is an advantage. However, a good standard of English and Maths is essential for progression onto higher education.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
All units are internally assessed. Methods of assessment will include:
- Exhibition of artwork
- Peer critique and review
- Professional discussion/Reflection on own practice in real work situations
- Self-evaluation and assessment.
You may progress onto courses such as:
- Diploma in Foundation Studies: Art and Design
- Foundation Degree, Honours Degree or higher learning within Art and Design/Fashion Textiles Pathway
You may seek employment in the following areas:
- Craft Workshop
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Textile Retail
- Arts in Health
- Self-employed practitioner.
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Jewellery/Furniture Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- Product Designer
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.