Hospitality and Catering NVQ Level 1 at Shooters Hill Sixth Form College
This course is designed for students interested in starting a career as a professional chef in the Hospitality & Catering industry.
On completion of this programme you may progress to a higher level programme or commence your career in industry.
Working within our professional and realistic working environment; which includes, Larder, Pastry and Production Kitchens; you will cover a variety of food modules; these may include:
- Prepare & cook vegetables
- Dough products
- Prepare & cook pasta dishes
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Prepare & cook fish
- Prepare fruit dishes You may also have the opportunity to work towards:
- GCSE English
- GCSE Maths
Ideally, potential candidates must have completed the taster programme (this runs every June/July).
Candidate’s entry is on the basis of:
- 121 interview with one of our Hospitality & Catering Lecturers.
- Initial assessment—English
- Initial assessment—Maths
In the past students have had opportunities to work with Chefs; such as Richard Corrigan
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shooters Hill Sixth Form College directly.