Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This apprenticeship programme is designed for apprentices to achieve fully qualified status.
Apprentices will attend college 1 day per week for 1 year.
Course Length: 12 months
Course Location: Workplace plus day a week at college
This apprenticeship programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following components:
1. Level 3 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (principles)
- Routinely service the vehicle to maintain optimum performance
- Identify faults which affect system performance
- Rectify faults in vehicle systems
- Augment vehicle systems to meet customer requirements
2. Level 3 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (competence)
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (Level 2)
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - this will have been achieved at Level 2
5. Personal learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - this will have been achieved at Level 2
Completion of Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. You need to be employed in the motor trade so the practical work may be added to your underpinning knowledge. Registration Requirements: Registration with City & Guilds of London Institute. You may register at college during enrolment.
The Level 3 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (principles) is assessed in college via online testing. The Level 3 Diploma in light vehicle maintenance and repair (competence) is assessed through the creation of an NVQ portfolio including job cards and assessor observations acquired from the workplace.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Employment in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.