Visual Arts and Media Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This course is for 16-19 year olds with a keen interest in visual media from video to graphics, design to photography, and a desire to follow an educational route in arts, media or digital media pathways. This course will focus on the creative design aspects of creating visual media products and the related industries. The course is a good place to develop a range of skills before choosing to specialise in one of the pathway choices at Level 3 in Media Production, Art & Design or Digital Media Design.
You will study a wide variety of subjects including:
- Digital Art
- Digital Photography
- Moving Image: Video
- Publishing and Design
- Factual Video Production
- Using Industry Standard Software
Alongside these you will study in detail the various creative industries and you will be able to specialise in your Major Project at the end of the course in a pathway of your choosing.
- Five GCSE grades A* - E or another appropriate level qualification
- Examples of work to strengthen your application
- Practical and written assignments
- Observation by your tutor
- You will be encouraged to evaluate your own work and the work of others and to set targets for yourself in relation to your work and general progress.
You can progress onto a two year Level 3 course in either Art & Design, Creative Media Production, Digital Media Design or Fashion Retail or A levels pending an interview.
Level 2 students that have progressed onto Level 3 courses have undertaken university study, apprenticeships and on occasion have moved straight into the creative industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.