Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
This course gives you the opportunity to build on your existing painting and decorating skills gained at Level 1.
Work would include:
- measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering you need
- stripping off old wallpaper or paint
- filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
- preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat
- mixing paint to the right shade, either by hand or using computerised colour-matching equipment
- applying layers of paint
- hanging wallpaper
To enrol on the Level 2 apprenticeship you will need to be working with a local employer and you will need to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above including Maths, English and a Science/technical qualification
Upon successfully completing your Level 2 qualification you will be able to seek full-time employment with your employer.
You may wish to consider exploring higher level qualifications to enhance your employability.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.