Women's Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
If you are looking to work as a graduate stylist, this course enables you to gain the practical skills necessary for employment, either in a salon or as a freelance hairdresser.
You will study units covering the following:
- Long hair work
- Reception skills
- Health and safety in the salon
- Working as part of a team
- Cost effective use of resources
- Work experience
- Functional skills – English and Maths*
*Functional skills qualifications are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College Programmes. You will complete at least 1 Functional Skill at an appropriate level as part of your programme.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through practical based and written tests.
Functional Skills are assessed by on-line exams and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
Upon successful completion of the course you can progress to one of the following:
- Employment in a salon as a graduate stylist
- NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing, either at college or as an Advanced Apprentice
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical and Media make up
- Level 2 Diploma in Barbering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.