Music A Level at The de Ferrers Academy
Why study this course?
- If you want to broaden your musical horizons and understanding
- If you are considering studying Music in High Education it is essential. However many universities look at it favourably when applying for other subjects as it demonstrates motivation, commitment and your ability to work both independently and with others
- If you simply enjoy music
You will study the following genres in order to answer aural and essay questions in the final examination:
- Instrumental Music of Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven
- Popular Song: Blues, Jazz, Swing and Big Band Instrumental Jazz from 1900 to the present day
- Programme Music from the Romantic era
You will perform a 10 minute programme of music, which will be filmed for submission. Two compositions will also need to be submitted, with a combined minimum duration of four minutes; one brief will be set by the examination board, the other will be set by yourself after discussions with your teachers.
4 A* - C Plus grade 5 in English and a Grade 4 in Maths The ability to perform to a minimum standard of Grade 5 The ability to read traditional music notation will be beneficial
- Armed Forces Musician
- Recording Industry
- Music Publishing
- Music Therapist
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The de Ferrers Academy directly.