Bricklaying Level Three Diploma at East Riding College
The course is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry. It is a hands-on, practical course which is studied by people who want to be employed as bricklayers. The course consists of six units, which are broken into underpinning knowledge and practical units. If you work in the industry, you can build this course up into a full NVQ qualification by obtaining evidence of your abilities. For more information about this, ask to speak to a tutor.
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Structural and decorative brick work
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
- Erecting complex structural carcasing components
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C or Level Two Diploma or NVQ Level Two in Bricklaying
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- Completion of the construction specific assessment and initial assessment
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
Each unit has an end test. You will also do a practical assignment and an online test based on the six units
You could progress onto the Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate in Construction. This qualification covers complex practical activities and would be attractive to employers in industry or in a related trade. Studying at this level may also be attractive to employers outside of the construction industry, demonstrating sound problem-solving skills and academic ability.
You could also progress onto a Level Two Intermediate or Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction - Brick
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.