Creative Media Productions Level 3 Extended Diploma at Southport College
This course is an exciting qualification for those who want to learn about some of the UK’s most dynamic creative industries. You will gain knowledge, experience and skills that you will be able to apply directly to your future career, whichever of the creative industries you decide to go into. There are also opportunities to specialise later on in the programme.
The great thing about the Extended Diploma in Creative & Media is that it is work-related learning, so you get to practise real-life situations using industry
standard design, recording and editing equipment. The College works in partnership with businesses and charities to plan and provide creative and inventive activities so you can apply your knowledge and skills in a realistic context. The course covers a range
of disciplines including:
• Film & TV production
• Radio production
• Graphic Design
• Website design and digital communication
• Working to a brief (with real clients)
• Sketchbook work
Projects will include:
• Music video production
• TV Channel Ident production
• Magazine writing and graphic design
• Live projects working with local companies/charities on film projects
• Documentary making
• Radio show
• Website design and social networking
• Short film production
• You will also have the opportunity to study for an additional NCFE Level 2 qualification in Photography
• Minimum 5 GCSEs at A*- C including English or Merit in a related Level 2 Diploma and C or above in English
• Good portfolio / examples of work
• Successful interview
• Satisfactory reference
Your course will include assessed coursework either produced individually or through working in groups. You will be assessed for each unit and you will build up a portfolio of work.
You may progress on to employment or a degree course in a related area such as: Interactive Media, Multimedia, Advertising, Photography, Media, TV & Film, Graphic Design, Animation, Sound Engineering, Special Effects, Digital Communication, Journalism or Fine Art.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southport College directly.