Accessibility links

Product Design at The Parker E-act Academy

Course content

Students will learn to follow a specific Design Process.  This includes researching, designing and presenting ideas as well as manufacturing prototypes.  Students will also have the opportunity to experiment with different materials and manufacturing processes, such as laminating and veneering, casting and CAD-CAM.Examples of projects include:To design, make and package a badge or brooch that could be sold as memorabilia for a charity event.To design, make and package a free-standing light/lamp that is suitable for mass production and appropriate for sale in outlets such as IKEA or HABITAT.

Entry requirements



In Year 11 students are assessed formally on one Final Project.  The research, analysis and design work are presented on a minimum of 20 A3 pages and supported by a working prototype.  This is worth 60% of the GCSE grade.  A two hour written examination determines the remaining 40%.

Financial information


Further information

For further information please contact:Head of Design Technology - Mr T BrittonTeacher of Product Design -  Ms A Sardeli

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Parker E-act Academy directly.

Last updated date: 26 May 2015
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown