Computer Science A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
What will I study:
- Fundamentals of programming (using Python)
- Fundamentals of data structures
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Theory of computation
- Fundamentals of data representation
- Fundamentals of computer systems
- Fundamentals of computer organisation and architecture
- Consequences of uses of computing
- Fundamentals of communication and networking
Grade A GCSE Mathematics English (C grade or above) is required
Paper 1: This paper tests a student's ability to program, as well as their theoretical knowledge of Computer Science from subject content 1-4 above.
On-screen exam: 1 hour 30 minutes, 50% of AS.
Paper 2: This paper tests a student's ability to answer questions from subject content 5-9 above.
Written exam: 1 hour 30 minutes, 50% of AS
Students will be able to progress to courses in Computing, Computer Science, Systems Design, Game Design, Animation or an Apprenticeship with a Digital Company.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.