Philosophy and Ethics at St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
AS Level – One Year
In RSS01 students will explore:
- Situation Ethics,
- Religious teaching on the nature and value of human life,
- Abortion and euthanasia.
In RSS02 students will explore:
- Kant’s theory of ethics,
- Natural Law and ethics,
- Religious views of the created world,
- Environment, both local and worldwide.
A Level – Two Years
In RST3B students will explore:
- Ontological argument and the relationship between reason and faith,
- Religious language,
- Body, soul and personal identity,
- The problem of evil.
In RST4C students will explore:
- Religious and moral decision-making,
- Ethical systems,
- Medical research and medical developments,
- Business practice and economics.
Grade C or above in Religious Studies or English Language
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester directly.
Last updated date: 03 December 2014