Pharmacy (Dispensing) Assistants (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
A Pharmacy (Dispensing) Assistant undertakes a range of duties within the Pharmacy sector. These include:
- The sale of over the counter medicines
- Identifying customers’ symptoms and developing product knowledge
- Receiving prescriptions from individuals and assembling and issuing prescribed items under Pharmacist supervision.
The course will cover all the essential elements needed to carry out the role of a Pharmacy Assistant.
- Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) – this includes 3 mandatory units plus a further 4 optional units selected to meet the individual’s specific job role
- Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF) – 3 mandatory units plus 3 optional units (further information is available on the website).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English and/or Maths or equivalent. These must include English Language or an equivalent qualification
NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills – this is via continuous assessment in the workplace.
BTEC Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science – all units are assessed by assignment. Assignments are graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Functional Skills are assessed via external examination.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Level 3 Employment as a Pharmacy Assistant.
Apprentices must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours. Contracted hours include time for study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.