Sport (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
The course provides an excellent insight into the Sport and Active Leisure industry and the many opportunities that exist within the sector. You will try a range of sports and learn about the many different careers in this growing industry.
- Taking part in Exercise and Fitness
- Planning own Fitness Programmes
- Working in Sport and Leisure
- Taking part in Sport
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
You will be assessed by assignments, practical observation and written tests.
- Level 2 in Sport
- Sports Apprenticeship
- Other courses at Central
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
There may be opportunities for external visits and trips. You will need to purchase sports kit (approx. £85) for use in practical sessions and at external events. All subjects / modules are subject to change.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.