Sport Level 2 Diploma at Stratford-upon-Avon College
This course aims to provide an introduction to a vocational area, offer a flexible and accessible course of study, provide a broader course of study and encourage and develop Functional Skills/personal skills.
You will need to have at least one of the following:
- 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above including English Language, or;
- 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above and Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English, or;
- Level 1 qualification in a relevant vocational subject and either GCSE English Language at grade D / grade 3 or above or Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English.
In addition, you will need to successfully participate in a practical sports trial at your SUAC Experience day.
To be awarded the Level 2 First Diploma in Sport a student must achieve 60 credits. At least 31 credits must be achieved at Level 2 or above. The remaining credits may be achieved at Level 1 or Level 3.
The units covered are all graded at different credit levels depending on the hours required to study that unit and include:
- Fitness testing and training
- Injury in Sport
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Development of Personal Fitness
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Planning and running a sports event
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stratford-upon-Avon College directly.