MusicTechnology A-Level at Capital City Academy
A level Music is suitable if you:
• Have an interest in, and enjoy Music.
• Want to see the practical application of Music in everyday life.
• Want to develop a broad range of skills including project management, appraising and analysis, creativity and imagination.
• Want to progress to undergraduate study in Music Technology, Sound Production, Sound Engineering and many other courses requiring a similar skill set
Topics vary from Software and Hardware through to Mastering
Students must achieve Grade B or above in GCSE Music. Students entering the Level 3 Academic Pathway must have an APS of 42 or above.
All examinations will be taken at the end of Y13.
Component 1: Recording code: 9MT0/01
• Assessment is 3 to 3 and a half minutes (20% - 60 marks)
• One recording, chosen from a list of 10 songs provided by Pearson, consisting of a minimum of five compulsory instruments and two additional instruments.
Component 2: Technology-based composition code: 9MT0/02
• Assessment is 3 minutes (20% - 60 marks)
• Creating, editing, manipulating and structuring sounds to produce a technology-based composition.
Component 3: Listening and analysing code: 9MT0/03
• Written Assessment is 1 hour 30 minutes (25% - 75 marks)
• The paper may include Knowledge and understanding of recording and production techniques and principles, in the context of a series of unfamiliar commercial recordings supplied by Pearson.
Application of knowledge related to all three areas of study:
Recording and production techniques for both corrective and creative purposes
Principles of sound and audio technology
The development of recording and production technology
Component 4 Producing and analysing code: 9MT0/04
Written/practical examination: 2 hours 15 minutes (plus 10 minutes setting–up time) (35% of the qualification - 105 marks)
The course content is designed to develop a broad range of skills including project management, appraising and analysis, creativity and imagination. Students will be able to progress to undergraduate study in Music Technology, Sound Production, Sound engineering and many other courses requiring a similar skill set.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capital City Academy directly.