Vehicle Maintenance and Repair City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate at Southport College
This City & Guilds automotive qualification is designed to meet the needs of technicians in the vehicle maintenance and repair sector. Successful learners will be able to demonstrate evidence of competence in advanced industry techniques to potential or existing employers.
The course covers a diverse range of essential industry techniques. Students study a range of subject areas including:
- Contributing to good workplace housekeeping
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing engine units and components
- Removing and replacing auxilliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing chassis units and components
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
- Conduct pre and post work vehicle inspections
3 GCSEs at grade D or Level 1 Diploma in related subject
You will be continuously assessed throughout the course through a series of practical observations and exams, as well as the completion of a portfolio of evidence.
Candidates who are successful at |Level 2 will be able to progress to a range of further education and professional body awards. For example:
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southport College directly.