Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 2 at Sunderland College
This course is for people who have completed the Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating and are looking to develop their skills to progress on to further qualifications or finding work in the construction industry.
During the length of the course you will build on your Level 1 Painting & Decorating techniques in practical and theory sessions and cover the following areas:
- Safe working practice
- Building methods and construction technology
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Brush and roller paint systems
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Applying waterborne paint systems using high volume low pressure spray equipment
You’ll need to have completed the Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
Throughout the length of the course you will learn about the Painting and Decorating industry in a number of ways such as practical workshop sessions as well as classroom theory sessions where you will learn about all the aspects of plastering.
Upon completion of the Level 2 course there are a number of options available. You could advance onto the Diploma Level 3 or you could apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.