Product Design:Graphic Products at Ringwood School Academy
Product Design: Graphic Products is the process of providing creative conceptual solutions to a wide range of problems using graphical and practical techniques to design, model and create a solution.
Conceptual design incorporates a wide range of products with associated graphics eg: packaging design, product design, point of sale display.
- AS Unit 1: Portfolio of Creative Skills
Students are given the opportunity to develop their creative, technical and practical skills through a series of product investigation, design and manufacturing activities.
- AS Unit 2: Design and Technology in Practice
Students will develop a knowledge and understanding of a wide range of materials and processes used in the field of design and technology.
- A2 Unit 3: Designing for the Future
Students will develop their knowledge and understanding of a range of modern design and manufacturing practices and contemporary design issues.
- A2 Unit 4: Commercial Design
Students are given the opportunity to apply the skills they have acquired and developed throughout this course of study, to design and make a conceptual product of their own choice.
- 3 Bs and 3 Cs (or equivalent) at GCSE.
- GCSE grade B or above in a Graphics or Resistant Materials course is preferred.
- An interest in designing and making (essential).
- Willingness to embrace all skills required within the design process including freehand sketching and modelling using ICT and traditional 3D modelling materials.
- Unit 1: Internally set and marked and externally moderated.
- Unit 2: 1hr 30mins examination set and marked by Edexcel.
- Unit 3: 2hr examination paper set and marked by Edexcel.
- Unit 4: Internally set and marked and externally moderated.
We live in a world where good design is implicit in almost every aspect of our lives, from the cars we drive to the magazines we read, and beyond into the technology of the future. Product Design is the gateway into an exciting and ever expanding world filled with opportunities, of which our students can take full advantage.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ringwood School Academy directly.