Accessibility links

Dance AS A2 at The Rushden Community College

Entry requirements

It is not a requirement that you have studied a GCSE Dance course.  More importantly you need to have a passion for it and a commitment to meeting the physical and academic challenge of the course.


Practical papers arrive in November and the practical examination takes place early in the exam season (April/May). Units 2 and 4 are examined internally and by an external examiner. Coursework essays are marked internally and submitted shortly after the practical examination. Written units are examined during June. Each assessment unit may be re-sat only once. The better result will count towards the final award.

AS Exam:

Unit 1 Understanding Dance - 40% of the total AS mark / 20% of the total A Level mark, written paper. Unit 2 Choreography and Performance - 60% of the total AS mark / 30% of the total A Level mark, practical coursework. a

A2 Exam:

Unit 3 Appreciation: Content and Context - 25% of the total A Level mark, written paper. Unit 4 Group Choreography and Solo Performance - 25% of the total A Level mark. Practical coursework.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Rushden Community College directly.

Last updated date: 26 May 2015
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown