ICT - National First Award at Challenge College
This qualification will form part of the OCR Nationals suite. It is a revision of the OCR Level 2 IT National.
The current OCR Level 2 IT National only offers one full qualification at Level 2. The OCR Level 2 First Award has been designed to address the needs of candidates at Level 2, who require a:
* smaller sized offering that can be delivered alongside a wider programme of study
* smooth progression route to the proposed Level 2 Award, First Certificate or Certificate, for those candidates who would benefit from a programme providing motivation through step-by-step achievement.
The OCR Level 2 National First Award in ICT is unit based and has been designed to provide accreditation of the knowledge, understanding and skills that would be needed by an employee in an office environment either in an administrative role or junior IT support role.
The qualification has been designed to develop candidates' ICT knowledge, understanding and skills by offering a broad range of user and practitioner units.
All units have been mapped to the KS4 ICT National Curriculum. This suite of ICT qualifications will provide the opportunity for candidates to meet the POS for this non-core foundation subject.
Each unit represents a worthwhile achievement in its own right and certification is available at unit level.
A - Mandatory unit
- ICT skills for business
- Application of data logging
- Creating animation for the WWW using ICT
- Creating computer graphics
- Creating sound using ICT
- Creating video
No entry requirements
There will be no independent assessment. The qualification will be entirely centre-assessed and OCR moderated using a portfolio of evidence.
* Enter employment at an operative level (eg Administration Assistant, IT Support) and undertake an Apprenticeship scheme or single NVQ (or other occupational qualification) appropriate to their job role.
* Undertake additional Level 2 or Level 3 qualifications part-time or full-time in further education (eg OCR Level 2 National Award/First Certificate/Certificate in ICT, GCSE, GCE).
Progression into employment, perhaps through an Apprenticeship scheme, is also supported by the relationship of this qualification to National Occupational Standards.
Progression to this qualification is from the OCR Level 1 Nationals in Business and ICT.
Computer Hardware Engineer
Further Education Lecturer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Challenge College directly.