Play Work Advanced Apprenticeship at CWT Chamber Training
There are more opportunities than ever for those looking to work as playworkers and Apprenticeships offer a great way to gain hand-on experience whilst gaining skills, knowledge and qualifications. The opportunities are varied, in schools, play schemes, adventure playgrounds and youth clubs. Playwork is an exciting and demanding occupation that changes day to day, is full of challenges but very rewarding.
An Advanced Apprenticeship in Playwork will move your knowledge and experience to another level. You will be expected to take more responsibility and lead activities. There will be a mixture of on and off the job training. The majoirty of time will be spent in the work place developing practical skills. You will have a dedicated Training Advisor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship, liaising with you and your employer to ensure that your training is well planned.
Apprenticeships in playwork offer great jobs where you will earn a salary and enable you to continue learning to gain further qualifications. You will learn in a way that is best suited to you – through practical experience on the job. Your experience will be varied and challenging. Daily activities may include:
- Supporting children and young people’s play
- Understanding playwork principles
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children
- Supporting health, safety and security in the play environment
- Developing playwork and team practice
- Supporting relationships in the play environment
With a mixture of on and off the job training, your study will include:
- Understanding Playwork Principles
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Self-Directed Play
- Understanding How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children
- Understanding Health, Safety and Security in the Play Environment
- Understanding How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children
- Understanding Relationships in the Play Environment
- Understanding How to Play for and Support Children and Young People’s Self-Directed Play
Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your Apprenticeship. At an advanced level, you must be able to operate independently, taking responsibility for your own work and able to make a real difference to the organisation.
You will be assessed in the workplace by your Training Advisor who will observe your practice and verify your work against national qualification standards. In addition to this, they will check your knowledge through oral and written questioning, to make sure that you not only have great practical skills but also excellent knowledge.
Upon successful completion of your Advanced Apprenticeship, you will gain the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Play Work Level 3
- Functional Maths and English Level 2
You will be a paid an Apprenticeship salary by your employer, this will be agreed when you are offered a job. For those who are aged 16 - 18, Apprenticeship training is fully funded by the Government and all of the agreed costs of your learning will be met. If you are 19+, partial Government funding is available. Further information is available upon enquiry.
There are a range of progression opportunities for those completing Playwork Apprenticeships. By gaining an Advaned Apprenticeship at Level 3, individuals can go on to become assistant managers and managers in play settings and lead their own teams. From Level 2 there is a clear pathway of learning to enable you to progress:
- Higher Education (foundation degree/honours degree)
- Supervisor/Manager (level 3/4)
- Play Leader (level 3)
- Play Worker (level 2)
CWT Chamber Training has specialist staff who will provide you with up to date information, advice and guidance so that you can make an informed choice about your future. Our team work closely with employers to identify exciting job opportunities suitable for Apprentices and support you in securing a job with great prospects, progression and the chance to gain relevant qualifications that will further your career.
During your Apprenticeship you will:
- Secure a great job with exciting career prospects
- Undertake off the job training to develop your skills and knowledge
- Specialist workshops to develop your skills in English and maths
- A designated Training Advisor to guide and support you throughout
- A work place mentor for additional support
- Regular progress reviews to track your development
You can apply on-line at http://www.cwtcov.co.uk/ or call us on 024 7623 1122.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CWT Chamber Training directly.