Russian - A Level at The Latymer School
We base our GCE Russian on Navigator, supplemented by various interactive software. At A2, we prefer the Literature option for Unit 5 (T. Tolstaya "Three Stories" or A. Pushkin "Queen of Spades")
The content of this Examinations is linked to the following general topic areas:
- Youth culture and concerns
- Lifestyle: health and fitness
- The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues and the Russian-speaking world
- Education and employment
- Customs, traditions, beliefs and religions
- National and international events: past, present and future
- Literature and the arts: we study many world-famous literary masterpieces that were created by Russian writers and poets (Griboyedov, Pushkin, Lermontov, Dostoyevsky, Turgenev, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Yesenin, Akhmatova and others).
Examination board: GCE (New syllabus first examination June 2018) Edexcel (details TBC) New specification will be available from September 2017
Each year, we employ a native speaker to lead conversation lessons with Years 11-13.
- For Sixth Form students there is one 20 minute conversation lesson each week in small groups and 1-1.
- Year 11 students are offered 1-1 and small group revision sessions prior to the Oral Examination.
- Saint Petersburg (February 2016)
- Moscow (February 2017)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Latymer School directly.