English Literature A level at Abbeyfield School
Why should you take this course?
- English Literature is a stimulating and challenging subject
- Universities regard this subject highly and it is sometimes required for Law degree courses
- English Literature AS provides the study skills which combine well with all other subjects
What will I learn?
- The course will involve the study of exciting modern and classical texts including poetry, drama, prose and Shakespeare
- Lessons are a combination of reading, discussion, writing and creative learning
- Students will be expected to read and study texts in their own time
5 GCSEs A*- C including B in English Literature and Language Do you enjoy reading and thinking for yourself? These are essential requirements for the study of English Literature at AS or A level.
60% exams, at the end of each year
How will this help me in the future?
- Excellent preparation for all universities.
- Highly regarded by every university.
- Law degrees often prefer students to have studied English Literature at A level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Abbeyfield School directly.