Drama & Theatre Studies AS/A2 Level at Nottingham Academy
Are you a performer? Do you want to explore ways of communicating?
You will study the history of theatre, influential practitioners,
contemporary theatre companies and will also visit theatres to
watch live performances.
Units covered at AS
– Performance by a group of an extract from a published play.
The assessment also includes your preparatory and
development work and supporting notes.
– Study of Ancient Greek theatre – how would you
– Live theatre performance – writing about live theatre.
Units covered at A2
– Further prescribed plays including pre-twentieth century .
– Performance by a group of devised drama. The assessment
also includes your preparatory and development work and
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English language
AS: Live Theatre Production Seen and Prescribed Play
– 60% of AS 1 hour 30 minutes written examination.
Presentation of an Extract from a Play
– 40% of AS Practical performance.
A2: Further Prescribed Plays including Pre-Twentieth Century
– 30% of A Level 2 hour written paper.
Presentation of Devised Drama
– 20% of A Level Practical performance.
This course will not only enable you to go onto further
education in the arts or literature but it will equip you with the
skills and confidence to embark on any course or career.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.