Drama and Theatre Studies (A Level) at Roundhay School All through education from 4 to 18
Unit 1: Devising (9DR01)
- Use one key extract from a performance text and a theatre practitioner as a stimulus.
- Devise an original performance piece.
- Write a portfolio based on the process.
Unit 2: Text in Performance (9DR02)
- Take part in a group performance of one key extract from a published play.
- Perform a monologue or duologue from one key extract from a different play.
Unit 3: Theatre Makers in Practice (9DR03)
A written exam
- See at least one live theatre production and write a live theatre evaluation.
- Study and practically explore one practitioner.
- Study and practically explore two plays in preparation for this written exam.
The analysis of texts, performance work, interpretation skills and written expression developed in this subject is ideal for employment and many degree courses, including Drama, Performing Arts, Acting, English Studies, History, Media Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Law and Journalism, to name but a few.
If you would like to discuss this course, please contact our Team Leader for Drama, Ms S Howarth.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Roundhay School All through education from 4 to 18 directly.